Grandview Community Bible Church (GCBC) in Grandview, Iowa is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor. Our location is in the Mississippi River Valley in southeast Iowa. We have been faithfully serving the Lord in our area and around the world for over 90 years. GCBC is a multigenerational mid-sized church that has unique ministry opportunities for future growth. The church enjoys outreach through active youth programs and through a variety of community family events.
• The pastor should lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit in the GCBC family. He should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. He should be flexible, in that he will need to wear many ministry “hats”, and whose role will probably change and evolve over time.
• Baptized believer
• He shall fully agree with the church’s doctrinal statement
• Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical qualifications of a pastor described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
• Masters of Theology or Divinity Degree (preferred)
• Minimum Bachelors with Bible Degree from an accredited college/university (required)
• Pastoral Ministry Experience
Compensation: Negotiable based on education and experience. GCBC is committed to offering a commensurate salary and benefits package intended to maintain a long-term ministry relationship.
Applicants are asked to submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Testimonies from you and your wife (if married)
• Philosophy of ministry
• Tell us about your ministry history and family
For application information, go to: gcbchurch.com
Applications accepted through Dec 31, 2019.
- Baptized believer
- He shall fully agree with the church’s doctrinal statement
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical qualifications of a pastor described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Masters of Theology or Divinity Degree (preferred)
- Minimum Bachelors with Bible Degree from an accredited college/university (required)
- Pastoral Ministry Experience
-His official title shall be Senior Pastor
- Organizational Structure
-Pastor and Deacons will work together to spiritually lead the church and be accountable to one another
-He shall be an ex-officio member of all boards and committees
-Preach: Sunday morning
-Lead, coordinate, develop and implement church ministries
-Train and equip the body
-Counsel or make referrals
-Conduct Weddings & Funerals
-Administer Ordinances – Baptism & Lord’s Supper
-Sunday evening service
-Pastoral visits in hospital, nursing homes, shut ins (members & non-members)
-Lead Bible study/prayer meetings
-Teach Sunday School or membership class
-Serve on camp board (Spring Valley Bible Camp, 10 church owned camp in Muscatine)
-Coordinate the local High School Baccalaureate service
-Day to day administration with part time church secretary
-Nursing Home ministries
If there is a termination of this position, either by resignation or church action, the procedures outlined in the constitution will apply.