Grandview Community Bible Church (GCBC) is an independent, non-denominational, mid-sized church located in Grandview, Iowa. The church is minutes away from 10 communities and our multigenerational church family is spread throughout the area.
GCBC began in 1927 as a community church formed by the merging of several denominational churches. Through the years, the church has grown and expanded its facilities (adding educational, recreational and fellowship areas), its ministries (children, youth and adult) and its mission outreach across the world.
Several services are offered throughout the week. Sunday School is provided for all ages. The morning service is a blend of traditional and contemporary worship with an average attendance of 75. Sunday evening services are also offered. Tuesdays, a midweek prayer meeting is held. Wednesday activities include Awana and youth programs. GCBC also offers small group men & women Bible studies and fellowship opportunities.
For over 20 years, GCBC has supported both a senior pastor and youth pastor. GCBC currently employs an interim pastor, part time custodian and secretary.
GCBC sets itself apart from other churches in the area in several areas:
- We are a family of believers in Jesus Christ who are seeking to produce mature followers of Christ. With the Bible as our authority, we seek to lead God’s people in worship, prayer, spiritual growth and ministry to one another.
- We seek to minister to our community through various outreach events, music and drama.
- GCBC is an integral part of Spring Valley Bible camp. (www,springvalleycamp.org)
- GCBC is unique in that God has blessed the church body and used it to send forth many missionaries. God has also called men from GCBC to serve as pastors.
- GCBC is blessed to have land which would allow for future growth and ministry opportunities.